Wedding gift idea (please read entire question)...

My hubby's cousin is getting married in a couple of weeks. They have lived together for years and have their household set up. Normally I buy things for starting out, but they don't need that. We are on a tight budget right now so I don't want to spend a lot on something that isn't going to get used. Any ideas?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 8:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Shopping

• Well the way I see it in how she has behaved in the past, they are merely looking for another gift. I would get them a gift card to a restaurant and call it done :) I cant stand people that treat others like that.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• A gift basket, i.e. Wine, Chocolates, Fruits, Cheeses.  Put together what they would like.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• What about some tickets to a movie or play? Or maybe a gift card to their favorite restaurant.

Also, if they've lived together for years they might love some new bath towels or a new set of sheets.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 8:48 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My neighbor got us decor piece with our names and wedding date engraved. It was perfect for us since we were already living before getting married too. Besides all the checks we got, it was our best wedding gift.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You should just give them a check if the Wedding is at a fancy Catering Hall. If it's at a Restaurant, I would give a Gift Card and if it is a family get together Wedding at someones home, I would give a gift basket like the above poster said.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:58 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Visa gift cards but as its a wedding...hmmm well I dunno, cuz I dunno the people or what they like. I'd give them something you know they like or have mentioned wanting.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• A engraved picture frame or a personalized photo album.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• A Home Depot or Lowe's gift card, since you always need that kind of stuff. But I'm practical like that.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We're not close to them, in fact I've only seen the woman he is marrying a couple of times and not in years. Hubby and I hung out with the cousin in high school, and he goes to visit occasionally, but they have never come to see us and the last time I was there with hubby she stayed in bed the whole time we visited.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• A $25 dollar gift card from Bed Bath & Beyond store will be just fine since they are distant cousin and hardly know. It's the thought that counts anyway.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010