Tring to "sit-up" in carseat.

The past couple weeks my almost 3 month old son keeps trying to "sit-up" (pulls his torso forward, like a sit up) in his car seat and starts whining. He use to love being in the car seat. Do you think it might be because hes uncomfortable? Hes in an infant carrier right now, should i maybe upgrade to a convertible?

mrsdeiser

Asked by mrsdeiser at 6:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he should be fine in the carrier. just make sure you arent putting the straps on too tight. most carrier car seats are good up to 22 or 30 lbs.
    lilbabie85

Answer by lilbabie85 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I think all babies do this at some point in time. It is them building muscles to learn to sit up. Sounds like you got a strong little fella! :)
    Anonymous

• He may very well want to sit up and look around. My daughter did this in the car and out shopping. She was much happier when I started letting her sit in the shopping cart seat (well padded, with seat belt, with the leg flag up to block the leg holes, and with a little pillow to wedge her in even more). Of course, I just had to let her cry in the car.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008