Desperate for help!!!!!

I have PTSD and clinical depression. I've been through some incredible trauma in the last 10 months and see a psychiatrist monthly and a counselor weekly . I suffer from severe panic attacks and an chronic ongoing anxiety...Literally I feel it in my chest ALL THE TIME...I rarely want to do more than get out of bed and when my SO is home is the ONLY time I feel safe...I hate being alone, and can't find work, adding to the depression and anxiety (I am an RN). Anyone have any advice/tips/words of wisdom to help me???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Health

• get advice from a medical professional, not us. Good luck :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I also suffer from anxiety. i seen you see a psychiatrist that never seemed to help me. I found a counselor. just talking it out with her helped alot. My chest always hurt i thought at times i was having a heart attack. i had PTSD when my father passed away. The only tip I have, Is i had to keep telling my self I was alright. I can do this. They said get up every morning and get ready for the day even if your not going anywhere. That seems to help me have a less depressing day, I wish you The best of luck...
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Take everything one step at a time. Take a deep breath and say to yourself everything is going to be alright. Read something good and meaniful everyday and take that with u where ever u go. Also when do go to psychiatrist or your counselor exprience how u feel and ask them is their any type of exercise ur can do to get through severe panic attacks and ur anxiety. Take long walk with either by ur self or with ur love ones and take in all the fresh air in that go make u feel better. Or u can do is take up Pilates or Yoga or some type of meditation method to get over ur problem and just take it easy.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You need a different plan of care, if the plan of care you are undergoing isn't working. It seems as if it's not, from your desparation.
    As far as work goes, get better first. You will find that working helps greatly. Perhaps you could begin with a one on one(homecare) situation...those tend to be easier and less overwhelming. I do it by choice--I know I can keep up with a fast pace, but choose not to. After 30 years, I have done my "time" working weekends, holidays, shift work. Now I choose--it is much less stressful.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 12:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I pray that you will feel joy in your life. Did you know that praying/meditating actually changes areas in your brain? Forgiving those who hurt you, will make you feel better. Choose positive thinking and positive feelings over feeling sorry for yourself. Get out of bed and MOVE. Do something physical. Doing nothing makes you tired. In reality 10 months is such a short time. I've been battling depression my entire life. I have had therapy, read books and I get out into the sunshine. I choose for today to be happy. I put on a smile and before I know it I am no longer pretending. There is only today. If one day is too much, how about one hour? Can you love yourself for one hour today? Get out of your mind and back into the real world. Stop thinking and just be. Be here in the moment.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• How long have you been with your counselor and psychiatrist? When I was depressed I went through a couple counselors until I found the right fit. Are you on any medication? I hope you feel better soon!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• are you on any antidepressants?
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010