How long should I wait for my son to be tested for worms?

I was having a conversation with my one of the moms at the park and suddenly I see my toddler putting his gummy bear that had fell down on the floor on his mouth. He eat a "dirty" gummy bear.

The other moms suggested for my son to be tested for worms just in case...how long should I wait to take him to the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mmm I think my kids must have over 100 worms.
    JeanPatrick

Answer by JeanPatrick at 1:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm sure he will be just fine. Kids do that stuff all the time, and I've never heard of needing to be tested for worms after eating something off the ground.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would not stress over that unless it fell into poop. Though there are worms that can be transferred from animals to people it has to be through direct contact, as in you ate the poop. Even then a good amune system would fight it off. If you are worried about it I would call the ped and ask them if they have a protocol. I can't say I know how long you would wait... I would think a few weeks if they were actually going to test and not just de-worm. There would have to be a decent amount of eggs in the poop for a test to show positive.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 9:00 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Was it his gummy bear that just dropped on the ground??? If that is the case I wouldnt worry about it.. Really.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 11:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2010