now that halloween is almost here, how soon will the christmas decorations will go up

do you wait until thanksgiving is over or do you go ahead and get an early start on things

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 8:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• We usually wait until the day after thanksgiving to set up. The stores here are already decked out though!

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My stores already have the christmas stuff up, but I dont put anything christmas up til the day after thanksgiving..

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:55 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Not until after Thanksgiving.

Answer by shanlaree at 8:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We don't put our decorations up in our house until after Thanksgiving. But all the store here already have there christmas stuff already.

Answer by andmaef28 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Thankgiving night

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It's really sad that Thanksgiving is over taken by Christmas. I start after Thanksgiving with the decorating. It's sad that these beautiful holiday and family time months go by so fast. We have so much to be thankful for that Thanksgiving should be taken more seriously.

Answer by bcross21 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I used to do it in the beginning of December!... Now that we live overseas we travel, and is not traditional in Congo to decorate for X-mas!! SAD...............

Answer by Monica655 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm going to "try" to wait until Thanksgiving weekend to start putting them up but the boxes are already in the living room thanks to an estate sale where I got some neat Christmas stuff and virtually no storage here. We'll see what happens.

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Not decorating this yr. Just a tree.

Answer by horsesteelers at 9:44 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I plan on the family trimmin g the tree on Thanksgiving Day or the day after...once we finish all the shopping!!

Answer by MrsJStearns at 10:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2010