Are you an aspiring writer/author?

Is there a webpage where you post your written work for critique? Do you email it to your friends? How long have you been working on your "masterpiece?" Do you think you'll ever finish it?

I'm a writer/author. I made a fanpage for my pseudonym on Facebook and I used to have a GeoCities web page where I posted all of my poetry. When I've made large leaps and bounds with what I'm working on, I'll send it on to my friends for their critique (spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, etc.). If's taken me several years just to get about 50-60 pages done. I imagine it will take the same amount of time to get the next 50-60 pages done.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Yes, I just worked the courage to start putting more effort in to my writing.
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 11:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I used to email chapters to my friends for critique and to see if it was good enough to keep writing. I also base characters on them sometimes. I have been working on my favorite piece for 7 years and can't seem to get the focus to finish it. The only things I have had "published" were articles for my employer's newspaper.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I tend to write for myself if it's original fiction.  Most of the time, though, I write fanfiction so I post it to fanfiction.net and people read it there.

There is a site I've seen online that's for posting fiction for critique but I can't remember the name of it.  You'd have to google it.  If you're looking for something fun to do with writing next month is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo.org).  It's a challenge to write a 50k word novel in the month of November.  Lots of fun for writers.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I write when I make the chance but I haven't really shared it with too many people for critiquing yet.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I tried NaNoWriMo last year and failed miserably. =/ I have my own now, kinda, only it's NaNoWriYr, lol!
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i would love to write. i used to do alot of poetry,not my thing anymore. i want to write and be published one day.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 6:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010