6 month old sleep???

I really need help getting my almost 6-month-old to sleep. She wakes up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours every night. She can in one night wake up, easily, 10x. I am getting to the point of exhaustion that I don't know how much longer I can do this with her. My Fiance just started a new job, so there is no nap or break time for me. I can't take a nap when she does because she only naps 15 minutes at a time. I can't power-nap, makes me even more tired. I have tried rice bottles, but it doesn't help. And now, I tried giving it to her again and she refuses to eat it. I have a bedtime routine set up and everything and it doesn't seem to help. I'm just unsure of what to do now to get her to sleep!! Please help ladies!

ZammiesMommy

Asked by ZammiesMommy at 9:06 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you need to wear the little sister out. these power naps for her just will not do.I believe in making them sleep at the times when I need them too...doesnt always work, but when i'm trying to change thier sleeping habits i always work real hard for a couple days to just wear them out during the day..when she is trying to take a little power nap pick her up and take her outside then inside and just make things real exciting.let her crash for a few min. then wake her up.I know it sounds cruel but she will be fine.momma needs sleep too.mommas dont get much but waking up 10 + times a night is completely out of the question.2 times , 3 even 4 is understandable but 10 is just crazzzy.your gonna end up crashing at the wrong time when she is up and it aint gonna b good...maybe even when your driving.keep working on wearing her out . then before bed give her a good amount of food a nice warm bath then let her cry to sleep in her crib..
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• 6 months is a major growth spurt and some babies teeth at the same time. the vast majority of babies go through this and wake as a result. It's also common for wakings to be every 3=4 hours and 5 hours is considered a "sleep thorough" and that's the proper perspective. Rice does NOT make babies sleep longer, if they are in a spurt and hungry it makes it worse and it can give them gas, stomach aches, and constipation. It's good that she refuses. If you are bathing her at night or using strong scented washes, stop, that can stimulate babies not relax them. I don't recommend bedsharing for a bottlefeeder (you sleep differently -- its a hormone thing) but you can co-sleep by putting the baby in your room or sidecarring the crib against your bed. Babies around this age may be having nightmares too, proximity calms them. I highly recommend that you learn to rest and take short naps....
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• ...when you can even if you say you can't. All mothers have to adapt their sleep patterns to accomodate. Before having my baby I didn't think I could take naps either, but you learn or go without. You will persevere. We all survive the sleeplessness :) We all go through it. Try more stimulation during the day by wearing your baby. sometimes just more interesting activity and movement during the day helps them to wind down at night.

But as I said, this is growth spurt time and teething time so hang in there.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• we went threw this!! its so exhausting!!! could be a growth spurt or teething! does she sleep with a fan or any other noise in the room? my dd has slept with a fan on since birth to cover up noise in the house it works great! sorry not much help u just have to wait it out!!! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My son is doing the same thing. He sleeps next to me at night so we can both sleep. You can not force your child to sleep so you have to adjust your style to accomodate her. It will pass, but until then, you will most likely be tired. Sorry!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Aww! Well my son was sleeping thru the night perfect until 2 days ago, he's been up alot! He's definitely teething so that could possible be it. Are you nursing? You might try letting your baby nurse next to you thru the night. That is helping us right now.
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2010