how do i get help for my 13 year old son that loves to play with FIRE he's almost burnt down my house on many acations

my son is ADHD sever and i need help...... anyone?

cozybeth

Asked by cozybeth at 6:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Call your local fire department, ask if they offer some kind of emergency prevention class or whatever you call that. A class where they teach/show ect. kids what bad things fire can do.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Therapy!!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• He needs some kind of intervention. He understands I'm sure, that he's almost burned his house down. I'd try calling the fire department to see if they have any suggestions of classes he can go to, or like someone else suggested, therapy, or a psychiatrist. You don't want it to get so out of control that he burns buildings down for fun. :/
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You local firedepartment as specific intervention programs for kids who are at fire risk. Call them.
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 9:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• psychiatrist! And quick before he does burn the house down and you are out of a home with a kid facing arson charges.
    Anonymous

• ciao bella when my son was 12 he went through a period where he found matches and fires really peaked his interest and the only thing i could think of is i have to find away to let him see how bad fires, are so i went to my local fire station,, and they gave me some really gut renching video's on children and fire,,, and that really hit home it was a great eye opener,,and he was reallyl shaken up over the video and so was i but it worked.. big hug from me to you lucy..
    onthego234

Answer by onthego234 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• just a quick question,,, why is he so attracted to fires,, or more so fastened by fire,?????
    onthego234

Answer by onthego234 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Fire starters/ fire setters seem to have some unique issues that need professional guidance for both the child and the parents. It's too dangerous to ignore his actions. I did a quick search for information regarding fire setters and found there are some referrals. Try one of your own or start with http://www.focusas.com/Firesetting.html
    Please be safe.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2008