I need some advice on a good weight loss plan!

I'm gettin married in 6 months then I'm going to be ttc so I really wanna get on a health kick, I don't work out right now, and I don't really eat unhealthy but I could loss some weight! So I'm going to work out in the mornings with a friend, but idk what I should eat before I work out and after.. I know I'm supposed to get light before that is a giving but what is good to fuel ur body for a good workout? And how often should I work out a week? And if u have good eating habits, what does ur daily schedule? Thanks for the support :)

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My bf and I just joined weightwatchers you might want to try that so far its been fun lol and not that hard to do.
    bumkins_mummy

Answer by bumkins_mummy at 9:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I joined weight watchers 5 years ago, at age 55, and I learned more there than all my years in school and life experience.
    If you join, it will change you eating habis, and lifestyles.
    Adm.Assistant

Answer by Adm.Assistant at 9:55 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I am also trying to learn to eat healthy and start an exercise routine and a good friend of mine gave me her advice and I will give it to you too. She said to start by doing 30min a day for 5 days. Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, and Friday and have the weekend off BUT if you miss a day of the week then you will have to exercise over the weekend. She also said to avoid all kind of candies. Good luck and congratulation on your wedding.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I love the book transformations by Bill Phillips. It is a no nonsense approach to weight-loss and exercise. He teaches you how to eat clean and the food is real food. He also has the best cook book I have ever gotten. I love to make the meatloaf. Tastes so delish. I have to tell you it is easy to do and easy to follow.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't eat much before a workout, give me a tummy ache. But I do drink Shakeology before or after (depending on my energy level) and/or I eat a protein bar before my workout.
    I hadn't exercised or eaten right in 20 some years, but started 4 months ago and wow the difference!
    I love to dance so the workout I have I like to do daily - make myself take a day break lol now that's different ;p
    I do tummy 3 times a week, cardio almost every day, and weights I'm still working on they really should be every 3rd day.
    Keep a water bottle handy and when you need a drink just take a sip or two and get back into your workout.
    I hope this helps.
    ChristenaH

Answer by ChristenaH at 9:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2010