Since Halloween is this weekend, do you believe in the paranormal?

I ask because this article is from our local newspaper. It will surprise some of you to know, it's about my son, who is the founder and lead investigator of Lufkin Paranormal Investigations. I'm very proud of him, and wanted to share this article with you all, but also find out where everyone stands on the paranormal. Hope you all enjoy the article.'

http://lufkindailynews.com/life/article_daa96136-e06d-11df-bf36-001cc4c002e0.html

jaycietaylorgma

Asked by jaycietaylorgma at 9:35 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Halloween or not, I believe in it. I don't think a day on the calendar makes a difference to a spirit/ghost/entity
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• yes i do
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Interesting. Did you ladies read the article about my son? He and his group have captured quite a bit of paranormal activity,and are becoming very well known in our area.
    jaycietaylorgma

Comment by jaycietaylorgma (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't have time to read the article right now (have to mow the lawn). I do believe in paranormal phenomenon, however I have never experienced it myself.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Just read the article. Very interesting.

Have they ever run into something they felt they were in over their heads with? Do they get calls from people wanting them to find evidence of paranormal activity on their property?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I believe in it. My uncle's restaurant is haunted. There was actually in murder that took place in his bedroom years ago.. He has seen a full bodied aparition over his bed. The strange part about it is their attic door is the key. They have a butter knife in the door to keep it closed. If that knife is removed they see stuff, otherwise nothing. It's fascinating to me.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I didn't have a chance to look at the article yet, but would love to come back to it. (if you e-mail me it that would be great). Just answering a few more questions quick before dinner, lol.

But yes I truly believe in the paranormal. I'm not sure what type of investigating he does, but Josh p. Warren has some great books and ideas about the paranormal from a scientific stand point that he may be interested in researching a bit too :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Quinn, not too bad. However, there is an abandoned sawmill not far from here, and they are up in the air about going there. My younger son helps Chad, and KJ did some research on the place. It appears to harbor all kinds of evil. It's even been said there is a portal to hell opened up there, and whoever opened got scared and left without closing it. Neither of my boys really want to go out there, but one of their group members does. I'm actually afraid for them to go there.
    jaycietaylorgma

Comment by jaycietaylorgma (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Oh, sorry, forgot. Yeah, they get calls all the time. Especially after the article. Most have been very interesting. They really enjoy going to the old cemetaries around here, and since this area is so old (Nacogdoches, the oldest town in Texas is 30 miles from us), they pretty much have a lot of history to investigate. The most interesting one they went to was the Pride House in Jefferson, TX. It was actually just featured on an episode of "My Ghost Story" on the Biography Channel.
    jaycietaylorgma

Comment by jaycietaylorgma (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Soprano, that is very interesting. Too bad you can't get a group to go out and do an investigation. I bet they'd turn up some pretty interesting things.
    jaycietaylorgma

Comment by jaycietaylorgma (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010