migraines

i get migraines 3 or more times a week. i have noticed a while ago that theres a knot on the back of my neck in that soft area between your ear and spine/muscle? on each side. i was told its a lymphnode (bad spelling) thats swollen and it may never go down. but when i do get a mirgaine it always stems from those knots. my doctor gave me a blank stare when i mentioned it and said "well i guess i can check" but never did... anyone heard of this or have it themselfs? i am typin this with a mirgain ha one eye closed and my head leaned as far as possible toward the left bc thats the side that hurts. i take perscription migriane meds but id like to just have them fixed!

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:57 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Health

• I would suggest changing doctors I too suffer from migraines not as often but my doctor would check out something like that....a knot on the back of ur neck isn't a good thing and if it is a swollen lyphnoide im pretty sure there is something they can do about it not just oh well deal with it....GL i hope u feel better soon
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I agree to switching Drs. We are getting more and more of those looks because they think we internet search and are walking in with the answers and their ego's are getting hurt.. I would suggest even a Chiropractor, like Dr's, there are good and bad ones of those too.. but we found an AMAZING man who is very well educated and not a pusher at all..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I also suggest changing doctors. Your lymphnodes could be pressing on nerves which causes your pain. Good Luck!
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2010