BPA question

Alright, call me cynical, but how do we know that the companies who formerly used BPA in their plastic products are no longer using BPA? How do we know they didn't just change the little number stamper that imprints on the bottom of these items?

Jessy0419

Asked by Jessy0419 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• hmmm... good point. Now I want to go do some homework on this topic.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Because unlike, China, consumers in America would (and will) happily sue the pants off of a company as soon as they get wind of corruption. There could even be criminal repercussions. It doesn't mean it couldn't happen, of course, it's just far less likely. It would be impossible for an American infant product company to ever recover from a fiasco like China's recent fiasco.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 6:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was in Babies R Us 2 days ago and saw a ton of things labeled "BPA Free" I thought to myslef how do we really know... so if you find out let me know... You are right though, How do we really know for sure?
    mommyof4ormore

Answer by mommyof4ormore at 8:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008