Have you ever given a pet a strange name? Why?

We had a cat we called Norman Bates, cause he was psychotic. We also had a cat we named Sidney, after the character in the movie "Scream",cause that's all she did. I now have a puppy named Maggie May, after the Rod Stewart song, and cause she was born in May. I'm interested to hear different names, and the stories behind them.

jaycietaylorgma

Asked by jaycietaylorgma at 10:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pets

• we name after how they look, not that it means much to them if you called em Butthead lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I named my old dog Thizz.... I used to be a raver and he acted like one... lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My grandmother had a dog named Sir FritzMarBill. Her name was Marlene and my grandpa was Bill. She also had a dog named MiPaAn, Meepsy for short. It is a combination of the first 2 letters of each of her children's names. Apparently she liked to cram everyone's names together. Lol.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I had a dog once that was two colored split right in the middle of his body, we named him twobits. We now have a dog we called doobie, which means a weed joint, we got him from a burnt out weed smoker guy. My daughter has a female dog that was always a terror, she named her kaos!

Answer by older at 10:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I had a cat named Moo she was black n white a dog named oginali<<< cherokee for God's friend another dog named brinks<<< home security another dog named hooker a cat named truffels another dog named sissy and the list goes on and on lol my dogs names now are babalou<<
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Lover Boy, Neptune aka tunafish, T.C. which stands for Top Cat, Colors, Five, Seven, Nike (she was white) Cinnamon, and Stranger (she was a stray so we called her stranger)
    Dogs Smoothie and then all mine are named after ski slopes Toas, Tahoe, Steamboat
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My fish had the name 'pescado'. It means fish in Spanish. We called it 'pez' for short.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Our cat's name is Kevin - I don't know why. Our fish's names are Sushi, Wasabi and Hoisin - because my kids have a rather odd sense of humor.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 10:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I dont know how weird this is, but one of our dogs name is Midna.. After a character in Zelda, lol..
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We have a Ren #1 and a Ren #2, it's from a Scrubs episode
    ChristenaH

Answer by ChristenaH at 9:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2010