Do your kids wear shoes in the house to play/hangout? What kind?

My Son is 4 & wears Robeez soft soled soes in the house to hang out and play since his sneakers are too bulky to wear all day to play in. I can't find regular slippers that he won't slip in. But I noticed after his bath, the bottom of his feet seem a little peely/dry. What do you recommend for house shoes for him? What do your kids wear?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 10:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Shoes are removed at the door and my children wear socks or are barefoot in the house. They won't leave slippers on, but DH and I wear slippers. We have extra slippers for adults too because all guests are expected to remove their shoes when they come in. This is how it is at most of our friends/family houses too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My kids wear nothing.  No shoes of any kind in the house.  They are either barefoot or in their socks as are me and my husband.  Although I do have slippers I wear inside.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Both my sons have a pair of Crocs that they only wear in the house. Sometimes they wear the slipper socks that have grips on the bottom. My sons are 8yo and 11yo.
    klaassenbd

Answer by klaassenbd at 10:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My kids rip their shoes and socks off as soon as we hit the door. They wear nothing!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Barefoot or socks, no shoes at all inside.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 10:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• We're the same as everyone else. My 4 year old is either barefoot or wears socks. He prefers to have socks on though. I did buy him a pair of slippers last year at Christmas that he'll put on sometimes.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2010