Why oh why do I eat these things?

I don't like candy corn...I really think they are gross, yet every year I buy some for the kids, and I swear I eat them just because they are in a bowl in front of me..why do I do this? Do you have a food you dislike but will eat, just because it's there?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 10:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Haha, this is too funny. I do things like that. Though it's usually something Ilike but I am full to bursting and still eating. Why oh why??
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sort of like candy corn, but those orange pumpkins with the green stem that are made out of the same candy substance that candy corn is. Disgusting things, but I eat them if they're there (or if my kid feeds them to me).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Recently, I asked myself this same question when I inhaled a bag of barbecue-flavored potato chips for no other reasons than it was there and I was hormonally challenged.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes, I dislike most meats. If I smell it before I take it completely of the package I get queasy to my stomach. As I cook it the smell is lesss offending. I have a hard times sometimes eating it.
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 10:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I am like that with potato chips. I have never really liked most brands because they are so greasy, salty, flimsy and icky (not much crunch factor). But if my mom sends chips home with the kids and I see them I will usually eat them.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• YESSS!!! Freakin cheetos...
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Nooooo!.. I think of the calories first!!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Potato chips. They bore me. I won't buy them for myself. But if there's a bowl of them in front of me at a party, I'll eat a bunch of them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I love candy corn for the first two then hate it. So you know what I did not get any. I also refuse to get Halloween candy. I am making my teen daughter do it. I told her not to get any thing I like. I am on a serious diet that my cardiologist recommends. It is hard enough to loose weight with out sabotaging my self.
    I am exactly the same way if something is in front of me I have to eat it until it is gone. It annoys me that I have no self control.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I lost my "taste" due to Chemo. But I get hungry unable to cook or do much.. I'll eat anything if I have to. Like moldy bread with peanut butter before heading out to radiation... Got to do what I have to.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2010