Does you dh/so just act like a complete jerk sometimes?

My dh is acting like a jerk because I was asked by my brother (who lives an hour away) to pick up his child and bring to my mom's house to stay the weekend because of a child care issue. They can't bring her because he is out of town working and my SIL has no gas money! So being the nice person I am, I agreed to do it.....and now getting total hell from my husband for it. It's only a one time thing. He thinks I'm ruining "HIS weekend", and refuses to have my neice here. Even though I told him, she won't be here, she'll be at my mom's she's only 3! How can I shut him up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• dang!!! He is acting as if your 2 hour trip is killing his time! sounds a lil selfish to me, i would let him know it's for the childs sake, getting to spend time with family is important. i would ask him to put himself in your brothers shoes.. look at it from the other side.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Hit him with a frying pan and bury him in the back yard.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Say sorry I didn't discuss it with you first, but it was sort of a family emergency and familys should be there for each other. We may need them to help us out sometime. I'll make it up to you next weekend.

Something like that.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• how do you shut him up...

frying pan works, but kind of final
    maybe let him rant on and on, but wear some ear plugs, or listen to some music, hide ear plugs under your hair, be sure to smile and nod a lot when his lips are moving
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Ignore his rants for now. I think we all get cranky and act like a jerk now and then. Something else may be bothering him and is using that as something convenient to get mad at. Just tell him "when you calm down and are ready to talk about what's bothering you, I'm here for you." And then go pick up your niece.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Ask him how you are ruining his weekend? My family is the same way...they are there for me when I need them and I'm there for them.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2010