How do I get my acne to clear up?

Pregnancy Glow?? I think not, lol! I am broke out worse then I was a teenager and not just on my face. Any suggestions? My dr. told me to wash my face...like I don't already?? Great advice huh! lol!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 11:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I had terrible breakouts as a teen. My dr. recommended switching to a hypoallergenic laundry detergent, switching my pillowcases every other day, and washing my face twice a day with Neutrogena. Make sure you moisturize after washing your face. If you strip off all the oil and don't moisturize, your face reacts by producing MORE oil. If you're like me and you rest your face on your hands, try to break the habit. The pressure, plus the oils and dirt on your hands, cause breakouts.

You can also ask your dr. about using something like Proactiv or AcneFree while you're pregnant. (I prefer AcneFree personally.) If you do this, make sure your pillowcases and towels are white, because it WILL bleach dyed fabric.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• There's basically nothing you can do about it, it's the hormones. Sorry.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Get a Clarisonic face brush. It is the only thing that helps me. I had the same problem when I was pregnant. I also use Purity Cleanser by Philosophy.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sometimes rinsing your skin with just water and letting it dry helps. Or use honey as a mask, let it sit on your skin and hop in the shower to rinse it off.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I used a all natural face wash and it helped with my bc there is a certain chemical in most faces washes that you cant use while pregant, its called salicylic acid, it can cause you to break out more or cause problems with the baby. I would try using dail soap with suave vitamin e lotion not the oil. I wish you the best.
    donamunns

Answer by donamunns at 12:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I started using Olay face wash Clarify & Cleanse. It is really good and works great!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 5:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010