i just found out im pregnant!!!!!

hello ladies, i just found out im pregnant this morning omg it still hasent really hit me!!!! im only like 6 days late so i think im like 5 wks preg. it is safe to assume that im deff pregnant? im going to the doctor on monday to get checked up. how long did you wait to tell your family? what precautions did you take? i had a miscarriage in january at 6 wks but the positive line on the test was very faint and took a while to pop up this time it came up in a second and its very dark!!!! i am scared but very happy.... any advise anyone has would be appreciated this is my first baby :)

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 11:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have no advice for ya (haven't been there yet) but CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I wouldnt say anything to your family until you get the results from your doctor and get past the point that you miscarried last pregnancy. But congrats! I hope it goes well!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• First off... RELAX!!! You are prego if the line came up, so CONGRATS!!! I found out at 7 weeks and we were so excited that we couldn't keep it in but you might want to wait until 12 weeks just because you have had a miscarriage, but it's up to you... obviously no alcohol and cigs... eat healthy and just enjoy it.... I'm so happy for you!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• CONGRATUALTIONS!!! :D How exciting! I do however agree with June_Mama09, my aunt went through a few miscarriages, wait til 12 weeks before telling everyone. It's an emotional time and I think doing it that way is a good precaution, that's what my aunt did. She has two beautiful children now. :)
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• CONGRATULATIONS!!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• thanx everyone for the help!!! i do need to tell my job, im a veterinary technician and i know there are things i cant do
    bxmommy2be

Comment by bxmommy2be (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• if i were in your situation (because i had a miscarriage in august ) i would wait 10-12 weeks maybe tell everyone on christmas that would be nice!:) try not to be stressed out .i know its hard not to be when you have a miscarriage but ultimately its in Gods hand ! ill say a little prayer for you. be happy!!! congrats!!!! :)
    s_toman7

Answer by s_toman7 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Since you had a miscarriage make sure to bring that up to the receptionist making your appointment. They can probably get you in a little bit faster. Tell your ob about your concerns about having another miscarriage and he can do some blood tests. I had to be put on progesterone shots. It helped me a lot because I'm now in my 27th week. Congrats and good luck :)
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010