Can I use the cricut machine for this??

I am looking for a machine that I can use to make sticker letters in pretty fonts to use on glass ornaments as gifts for my family and friends, would the cricut machine do the job and is it a good investment??

Thanks for your help!
Teresa

teresamorris

Asked by teresamorris at 11:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I dont have a Cricut (yet, still working on it, lol!) but I think it would be able to do that for you. It can do tons of other things too, so if you are a crafter , especially a scrapbooker I think it would be a great investment.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• they do have vinyl especially for the cricit. yes you can also get sticker paper for the critcut. i have both machines. i love the cricut. best thing i ever bought for crafting.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:40 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• so theres more than one type of machine?? which one do i need to get??
    teresamorris

Comment by teresamorris (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• The Cricut Expression is the one you need.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• If you buy a Cricut, check out the various models, some only cut up up to a certain size. I have a Personal Cutter, it won't cut the larger sizes the Expression does, but I don't have the money for the Expression. The model you get depends on what you want to do with it and how much your budget is.
    pegleg63

Answer by pegleg63 at 2:20 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• thanks for your help everyone.
    teresamorris

Comment by teresamorris (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i have the gypsy and the personal cutter and can do just about anything that the expression can do. I do have a Expression but its for the cricut classes i teach ... Much easier to leave at the store, way to hard to lug around :)
    Dandylionslayer

Answer by Dandylionslayer at 9:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Make sure that the ornaments are not too round or have too many edges or the vinyl material won't stick well.
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• hadnt thought of that thanks for the tip.
    teresamorris

Comment by teresamorris (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2010