Do you think he's getting abusive?

About a month ago husband & I got in a nasty fight. He pushed me backward. Last night he got in my face during another fight, screaming at me to shut up, right in front of our son. He had his finger in my face and I swatted it away but missed a bit and literally tapped his nose or cheek. He starts raging that I hit him in the face and he grabs my arm hard and squeezes & won't let go. He yelled at me to get out of his house and he was going to evict me.
This all stems from a fight over him smoking weed again & getting caught after he swore on our son's life that he would quit.
I am torn between this loser abuser side of him and the sweet guy who works his butt off for us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• He seems to be starting an abusive behavior pattern, he needs to seek counseling. Maybe you could encourage him to go to counseling as a family for your childs benefit. Hope it gets better for ya.
    teresamorris

Answer by teresamorris at 11:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Not trying to be rude, but if you are questioning if this is abusive, I'm really worried for you. Yes this is abuse. No question. Get help. Please!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Having living with an abuser who could also be sweet and loving, I am telling you that YES IT IS DEFINITELY ABUSE!!! Get out with your son and seek help asap..it will only get worse and if he is smoking weed, he will become dangerous to you and your son...get out!!!
    STEVESBELLA4EVR

Answer by STEVESBELLA4EVR at 11:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• yes
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• YES!!! It's abuse!! PLEASE get out and get help!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Abuse is abuse is abuse! Get out while you and your son are still alive. It never gets better, only worse with escalating violence. If you don't have someone personally to call, find a local women's crisis center domestic violence hotline. Get out and get help now, while you still can!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes, it's abuse. Most abusers escalate, so you need to do something now.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes. Please listen to the women here. Get yourself and your child out.
    earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 11:49 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sounds like it is just the beginning of a terrible cycle. Either get counseling ASAP, or get out for your son's sake. The pot smoking alone is not a good example for your child and is reason enough to leave, but add abuse into that and you will damage your child beyond repair. Your child should come first, ALWAYS.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sounds like physical and verbal abuse to me. Sounds like he needs to grow up too. It's never healthy for kids to see their parents fight all the time. The question is, what are you going to do about it?
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2010