Does anyone know a reputable website to buy Motilium from?

I'm not producing enough milk so my Midwife suggested I buy Motilium online. I'm scared I'll get scammed. I need to know a good online pharmacy to order it from.

nursingmomma513

Asked by nursingmomma513 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BUMP
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Have you tryed Mother s Milk tea? It is available at most health food stores and at GNC. it is about 5 dollars for 16 bags. You drink 3-5 cups a day. You should see a increase in supply within 3 days. It worked for me.
    maureen5482

Answer by maureen5482 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I looked for a long time for motilium online. I didn't trust any website I could find. I also read that prescription medications often get held up in customs, and I didn't want to take that risk.

Why are you looking to buy it online? I had my obgyn write a prescription for domperidone (motilium)...the catch is that is not FDA approved, as you probably already know, so insurance will not cover it, and you have to have it filled at a compounding pharmacy.

I paid something like $80 for a bottle, I can't remember the count, which is quite expensive, but still MUCH less pricey than the cost of formula long-term.

Here is a fairly good resource about the drug, and locations of compounding pharmacies.

http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/domperidonewhere.shtml

Also, have you considered Reglan? I never did because I didn't want to risk the side effects of depression/anxiety, but it is proven more effective than domperidone,
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 4:06 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• and is FDA approved and therefore paid for by insurance.

I'm assuming that since you've seen your midwife recently that you are certain that you actually aren't making enough milk, but I'd like to know how you know or what makes you think this.

Diaper count is the best indicator of weight gain. After the first 2 weeks your baby should be wetting 6-8 diapers/day.

Hope I could help!

Good Luck!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 4:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yes, I've tried Reglan and it did nothing for my supply. I could get it the motilium at a local pharmacy, but it's $1.05 a pill. I can't afford that and insurance wont cover it since it isn't FDA approved. :(
    I work full time so I pump every hour at work. I'm only getting about 5 ounces total in 8 hours. That's not enough to feed my daughter while I'm at work. The last thing I want to do is put her on formula. It breaks my heart to think of doing that, but I"ve run out of options. I've tried EVERYTHING! The teas, the over the counter pills, vitamins, pumping while feeding, leaning over while pumping, massage while pumping. I don't know what else to do. I'm so upset. Why can't I produce enough for my daughter. I should be able to.
    nursingmomma513

Comment by nursingmomma513 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Nov. 1, 2010