Agree?

Goodbye, good riddance, and don't let the door hit you in the ass...

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 11:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• A school board member aired his hate-filled, bigoted views by stating this: "They want me to wear purple because five queers committed suicide," he wrote. "The only way I'm wearing for them is if they all commit suicide. I can't believe the people of this world have gotten this stupid." and "it pisses me off, though, that we make special purple fag day for them. I like that fags can't procreate. I also enjoy that they often give each other AIDS and die...I would disown my kids they were gay. They will not be welcome at my home or in my vicinity. I will absolutely run them off." What the hell is there to defend here? I would fear that there was something indeed wrong with a society that would not stand up against such hateful, homophobic remarks, from a school board member no less.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I do agree.... I don't like the idea of a nationwide web campaign deciding the issues for a community. I think that is a slippery slope for massive intrusion in the community structure by outside influences. JMO.... I have to question if some who encouraged the massive intrusion, would engage in this sort of campaign for ALL individuals who shouldn't be "close" to children because of their extreme expression of opinions. Community members need to handle community affairs.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• What's wrong with the global community (or nationwide, in this case) looking out for our kids? Personally, I would have NO problem with the same national attention and would invite nationwide opinions for ANY individual acting like this.... They shouldn't get away with it, period. Bullying and homophobia are nationwide problems, not just on a local level. The more people like this get exposed and humiliated on a massive scale, the more the next person like that will THINK before opening his/her ugly mouth...

^^^^THIS^^^^
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 12:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No,not in the least. Of course he did something wrong. But, to do a nationwide petition on something that should have been handled locally, and by the time the petition was posted, he had most likely already decided to resign, really accomplished nothing. JMO.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 12:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would have NO problem with the same national attention and would invite nationwide opinions for ANY individual acting like this.

Where do you draw the line?  Would you feel this way if a teacher was berrating a child because of her personal/poltical views?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think it is good he resigned. HOWEVER, the country and/or the world should not have a say. I agree with others..there is a slippery slope. What if the country/world decides your parenting techniques are wrong and they launch a campaign to take your kids? What if the country/world decides being gay is wrong and a crime and locks up all the gay people? According to the reasoning of some here it is all okay as long as the opinion mirrors your own....what if it didn't?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• grly, teachers teach academics, if there is a curriculum in place for discussing this I would have no problem with it as long as it sticks to the curriculum and not personal opinion.

So, please~ to clarify~ if the teacher interjects their personal/political opinion into a class discussion to the point a child appears visibly embarrassed/impacted~ that would be worthy of a nationwide campaign?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 11:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I totally agree!!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2010