please help ... Any sugestions???

im divorced from my first husband wich is my first daughter's bio father. (I have full custody btw )we had a parenting agreement went bad when he didnt want her to take t-ball (thought that spending time with him was more important) and hasent been to meet to exchange her in 6 months! now i get a letter from our mediator stating that hes wanting to meet again and review our parenting agreement, and the whole time im like wtf! he doesent show up in 6 months and now he wants something to do with her! my lawyer says to go ahead and go to mediation to see what he wants. what are your thoughts and comments on this guys??? all will be helpful. Thanks.

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would go and see what he wants. How old is your daughter? Can you ask her for her opinion?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:55 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• WOW.. i'm speechless! Good luck.. BUMP
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Go, find out what he wants, and figure your next step.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would just go. Him not being there for 6 months will just look bad on him, Gl.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I agree with gabby06 him not being there just looks bad on him. Just go and see what he wants.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My thought is you think t-ball is more important than spending time with her father. Yet a decent father would take her to t-ball and watch her. Good luck. I would go to mediation and see what he wants. See what excuses he has for the last 6 months.
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Go and find out what he wants but don't make any hasty decisions while there. Take your time on that
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think you should find out what he wants and why this new attitude of wanting to be in her life.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 7:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No matter what he does or how he acts, he is your daughter's Father. I would go and find out what he wants but I would do my best NOT to do shared parenting. If he continues with the on again / off again attitude with your daughter, she will figure out on her own that he is a chump and not want to see him.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i would talk to your dd and see what she thinks... then go and see what happens... if you have made the effort and he has not... things may change.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010