Know a cure for a smelly kitchen sink ????

The kitchen sink is driving me crazy, it has a really strong unpleasent smell which comes out of it. I've tried pouring bleach down it, numerous kettles of boiling water and a generous amount of dettle on repeated occasions. But it only takes two to three days for it too come back again. It never use to be like that. Anyone any ideas what to try next.????????????????????

zanzeebeel

Asked by zanzeebeel at 6:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Home & Garden

• vinegar a natural cleanser!!
    Anonymous

• Try putting a lemon down the garbage disposal. Also, white vinegar seems to dull the bad smells too.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Pour baking soda into the drain followed by vinegar. It will foam up and clean the drain, deoderizing in the process.
    pour boiling water afterwards to finish cleaning it out.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 6:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Is it a garbage disposal? I often peel a lemon or an orange and put the peels down there and turn it on. It's a natural cleaner and deoderizer. I also use ice to help clean it, especially the blades.
    Anonymous

• I had a similar problem. I think bits of food must have collected in the pipe. I poured a vinegar/baking soda mixture down the drain. Then I followed with the lemon juice. It helped quite a bit.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If you can clean your pipes out....we did that with my sis's rental and it was nasty. SMELL gone!!!
    I think that is the only cure.

We tried all upper advice.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 6:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I know this might sound crazy but it works and its cheap. Pour a bottle of coke down your drain. I think it is the fizzing action that eats away the nastiness that is stuck in there. I do this to my sink at least once every two or three months.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 7:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Salam,
    Do you have a garbage disposal? Slice a lemon or lime in half and throw both peices down there and run the disposal.
    If its just a sink, pour baking soda and then a lemon/vinegar mix. Good luck!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• coffee grounds
    Anonymous

• I pour baking soda, then salt, then vinegar down the drain. Then 10 minutes or so later - hot boiling water.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 10:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2008