Should I travel to N.C. for Thnaksgiving?

My closest friend & husband live in N.C. currently live in F.L. Every year we have Thanksgiving with them. The location is always our place one year then their place the next year. Well, this year they are both insanely busy with only one day off from work. So we would arrive Wednesday and leave Friday.My husband can't travel out of the area this year,because of work. My kids are going to be 10 months and almost three in November. The trip will be over 14 hours total. I really don't want do this trip by myself with 2 kids. Just the idea of it stresses me out.Should I tell my find the truth and possibly hurt her feeling or just suck it up and go?

ladygetz

Asked by ladygetz at 12:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell them you need to stay home this year because of the kids being so young and your husband's situation. Make plans to do it with them again next year.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't go! You gotta do whats best for you and your kids. And I would want to spend it with my husband.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 12:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Doesn't sound like you want to go, suck it up and tell her that! You wouldn't make 20 excuses if you wanted to go. You would just go and be grateful for time with your friend, so until your husband is off parole and can travel again, stay home and tell your friend the truth. And if just the thought of traveling with your kids stresses you out, you should probably seek counseling. Poor kids!
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Who ever you are anonymous your lack of respect is appalling . My husband is a recruiter for the USMC and therefore has to be responsible for a large number of things that I won't explain.He is not on parole! Second I'd like to state the fact that my children are young and don't like to travel for more three hours on a good day. On a bad they will tolerate no more 40 minutes.For obvious reason. traveling alone with them for 14+ hours can be a little stressful. If you don't know what the obvious reasons are, then I suggest you reflect on the realities of motherhood. Or are you one of those mothers that has irrationally led yourself to believe your children are/were perfect. So therefore ,you have never experienced an ounce of stress. Maybe your a nice person, but my opinion is that you are a coward and a mean, miserable person. Please feel free to never post an answer to any of my questions again. Thanks have a great life!
    ladygetz

Comment by ladygetz (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2010