Do believe pets go to heaven afte they die?

Do you believe your pet has a soul and therefore when he passes he will go to heaven? An old friend once told me animals don't have souls so they don't go to heaven. I did and still do think this person is an idiot on this subject.

ladygetz

Asked by ladygetz at 12:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pets

• I beleive that everything that is God made returns to god. The trees, the dogs, the horses, the cats, the flowers.
    I can't imagine a heaven without these things....
    They say heaven is beautiful----and beauty involves all of these things...so yes, they go to heaven.

My dad (if you believe) told me he would let me know the answer to that question when he died. He came back with the dogs in my dreams and told me he has them.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 12:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm more of a pantheist so my idea of an afterlife is probably different than the majority here, but I do believe that animals are sentient being and have 'souls' just as much as human beings do.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't believe in heaven, so the short answer would be no. But I believe that if there was such a place, animals would be most deserving to go there. I do believe they have a soul, and in addition to that, they're innocent. They don't act out of spite or hatred, or any of the horrible things people do.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I believe animals have souls and that they to go Rainbow Bridge (a kind of 'pet heaven'). There they are free, restored to their former selves (young, healthy, whole again) and happy and when their special person dies they reunite and spend the afterlife together.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I do believe they go to heaven. I certainly hope so because I would like to be reunited with them because they have been just as much apart of my family as my relatives have.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't believe in heaven. So, no.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I most certainly believe that animals go to Heaven~~They too were created by God. Read a book about that very question recently when we lost our "fur baby". "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates" by Gary Kurz which was very comforting.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 1:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I actually view heaven as the last stop for all souls take after they have fulfilled all the prerequisite lessons established by the creator....This of course includes animals, not sure about insects though. lol.
    ladygetz

Comment by ladygetz (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2010