Upset about daughters former daycare!!

Ok.. My daughter left her last daycare the end of Septemeber. The decision to move her were based on alot of factors. The daycare was dumbing my daughter done. My daughter entered there at 2 yrs old knowing her numbers, abcs along with alot of things. By the end of the year my daughter is singing the abcs wrong and counting wrong. Of course I work with her everyday, but she wanted to sign how she sang at schoool. This is cherry compared to other things I have faced over there. She came home one day with another childs underwear on. The went to the pool and I guess they put the wrong kids underwear on her. I was livid! On top of that my daughter came home one day with her clothes TORN, her jeans are not cheap! they were torn and shredded. She came home with another childs pants and no explanation of what happened. She goes to school with lunches and they lose her bowls and utentils, they can never find her jacket when I go to

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Okay, and? You've already left the day care.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• What is the question?
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I agree that you should have left. I worked at a daycare. That is piss poor bussiness right there.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 12:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't think there was a question or was there? I am kind of confused.

Good for you for taking your daughter out of the day care. I think maybe you are venting.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• pick her up. They lost her blanket, towel, sandals, bowls, utentils and jackets. She had bed bugs while being there! My daughter is so picky and hates eating. I ask them every day to help encourage to eat, you know what they do??? They throw away all her lunch and tell me she ate all of it. I send my daughter with lunch for at least 3 people and you want to tell me she eats all of it? I send her with so much stuff so she can pick what she wants so if she doesnt want crackers, she'll have string cheese, if she doesnt want that she'll have yogurt. Ok, so I paid them off and did not realize I owed $13!! They were going to jepordize my daughters enrollement at another school by telling them this. The new school will drop kids with balances at another school for city financial aid purposes. I asked if she can waive the $13 because I am at work right now and considering all the things that went wrong I would hope you can understand
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• She said NO, she can not understand and will put a freeze until the $13 is paid. Is it wrong of me to expect her to waive the measely $13? I did end up paying that. Im just so horrified with my experience over there and thinking about filing an official complaint. Should I or just let it go?
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sorry Ladies! I am at work and the there is a character limit and I couldnt put it up at the same time with the limit constraints and also with time constraints at work!
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It does seem petty for them to not waive $13, but if I was going to file an official complaint, it wouldn't be over the $13....because you did owe that, it would be over all of the other things. Personally, if you paid and it's over, I don't think it would be worth the stress, I think I'd just go on happily with my life.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes, I think you were right in paying it so it wouldn't hurt your new enrollment. It would have been nice to waive it, but I am sorry she didn't do it for you :(
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• The complaint wouldnt be about the $13 but all the other things.
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010