potty training

my daughter is 2 years old now and shes very interested in using the potty shes got it down to a dry diaper over night so she goes first thing in the morning but besided that she only uses it at bath time how can i help her out so she tells me when she needs to do im trying to get rid of diapers asap!

LiLMAMA421

Asked by LiLMAMA421 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you could try going straight to underpants and monitor when she's drinking or try pull ups
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have a 2 year old boy who is almost potty trained. My husband put him on the toilet and poured warm water over is privates. He did this every day after dinner and right before bed. Once my baby get up in the4 morning it help them to realize that peeing is a relief feeling. I feed him and the we go potty if he goes I give him praise for about 1-2 minutes his attention span is short. By then the dog run passed and he is off to something else and try panties if she does not spoil her pull up. Call her your big girl.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 12:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think it is easier with girls because they mature faster than boys. Anyway what I did with my daughter, I took it to the store and let her picked her favorite underwear and I told her that she was a big girl and she was going to wear her panties instead of diapers. You have to be prepare to have accidents because that is the only way she is going to know she doesn't want the wet feeling. If you buy her pull ups she won't feel wet because they are like diapers. Anyway, at first you might have to take her to the bathroom every so often so she can get used to the fact of going to the bathroom specially after drinking something, maybe every 30 to 45 min. It really requires a lot of patience and time. I wish you the best in the new adventure! It is awesome ($$$) when they don't wear diapers anymore.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2010