Our schools don't celebrate Halloween - do yours?

No costume parade, no party.... This is a new school district for us and we are a bit surprised. I have kids in 1st,3rd, and 8th grade and none are celebrating.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 12:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• They don't celebrate at my kids school either! I remember having a costume parade and walking around the school when I was little.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Nope, they don't do it here in Texas. My home state of ND still does though. At least in most of the towns.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• In my school they did but in the school that my mom teaches in they don't. They can have a fall party but nothing about Halloween.
    OliviaW.

Answer by OliviaW. at 3:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Im in texas and the elementary school down the street does. they get dressed up and have some kind of candy thing on the playground. I did it when I went there, so much fun. I think it sucks if they dont do it.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No parade or carnival here but my daughter's class is having a party today.
    When I was kid we had a costume parade and a program where the kids sang and did short plays or skits.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• They stopped doing the parade before my children were old enough to attend, but they are having classroom parties and my kindergartener was allowed to wear his costume today under his clothing. I have 2 kids in K and 4th.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes they do where I am at my daughters school had partys today and also had a half a day of school.
    tina30218

Answer by tina30218 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Nope, and neither did the school I went to as a kid. Perfectly fine with me, school is for school, not pushing stuff not everyone believes in!
    Anonymous