Mom Mischief Question #3: Is there something you let your kids do that your parents would never let you get away with? What is it?

Cafe BTC

Asked by Cafe BTC at 1:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I think it is the other way around for us:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I let me kids get away with more laziness when it comes to housework and chores than was allowed in my family. I keep meaning to crack down on it, but I'm always too busy with housework.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I am a pretty liberal parent. I pick my battles and win the war, when there is one. The one thing I'm letting my kids do is choose their own religious path.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Thats easy, CELL PHONES! Mom, never would have let sis and I have cell phones as teens
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No not yet lol my dd is only six months but its def the other way around. My parents always let me raid the snack cabinet and there is no way I'm going to let my kids do that
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Not yet, it will be the other way around.. my mom was FAR too easy with us.. she was trusting lol!! I will know better.. and when max comes home at 11 drunk,.. I WILL know..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Mine get away with bedtimes not being set in stone on the weekends. They're allowed to stay up a bit later, within reason, as long as its not carrying on into the school week. Also, I don't make them eat all of the vegetables they have on their plate. If they say they don't like something, they only have to take one small bite then leave the rest. I hated vegetables growing up, and my kids love them now. Go figure.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I did allow my DD's to have the life I dreamed of having.. I didn't make them do many chores or much of things like that! Since we were so easy going on that. I gave them nicknames.. I do nothing & I do less then nothing.. They'd argue who was who.. They're grown up, married and on their own.. They're wonderful, well loved, good members of society!! I didn't know my own parents & lived a horrible life. I wanted my own DD's to have a good life!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• yes To go over friends house. I could only go to a few peoples houses
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Eat in the car.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010