how effective?

how effective is it to get your membrane srtipped? is there any one who got it done and it didnt start labor for them? does it hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It hurts, but it's fairly effective. Nothing WILL start labor, even pitocin.
    Ultimately, it's best to let Baby come when Baby is ready, unless your placenta is starting to deteriorate.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It hurts and most people start labor within a few days of doing it. Good luck.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It wasn't that painful for me. I had it done and my son was born 2 days later! So, I guess it was effective. :)
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I had my membranes stripped with my second child, and I went into labor a few hours later. It works best when you are dilated and effaced quite a bit. I was 3 cms and 100 percent effaced when I had it done.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010