would you goto this baby shower?

my sister and I have not had the best of realationship and there has been time that i cut her out of my life several times even leading to years at a time.sadly this results in me not seeing my nieces or her not trying to be apart of my sons life either.well i have not spoke to my sister since May,when i hung up on her.anyhow i heard she was pregnant again from someones facebook page.not only did she not tell me or our mom(in which for many reasons they dont talk either)when i commented on i didnt know she was pregnant this person replied everyone knows all the family.i then said i guesse im not family then cause i didnt know.well then i heard someone asked my sister who she told and she said "only the ones who mattered" !well after all this i heard she and her friend was planning a shower and to my shock i recieved an invitation.i cant believe shes 6 months pregnant didnt tell me!and now i get an invitation?would u go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I wouldnt totally go!! Life to short to be mad!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I wouldnt go. It didnt seem like she cared if you knew, maybe she just wants you to take her a present.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Yes. I would be the bigger person in this case. If you don't go it will give her more reason to talk shit about you and your family.

Or you could tell her you have a prior commitment and send her a nice gift. That way she isn't saying that you don't care about your new niece.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would send her a card in the mail and call it a day.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 1:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I hate to say it, but I wouldn't go. If it were me, and my sister didn't tell me, I would think she didn't care about me. A few months ago my "Bestfriend" had a baby, she texted me 3 days after the baby was born to let me know. I didn't even know she was going to the hospital, her, nor her husband had the time to call me (but called all their other friends and family) andI find out AFTER it's all over and they are pretty much on the way home. I have yet to go visit them or the new baby because of that. I didn't go to her shower either because of a similiar situation. Some people change, and relationships change. This was a girl who was practically my sister. I now have no contact with her. Did I mention her and her husband are my son's Godparents? Yeah, go figure. So even the people you think wont change, will. In my opinion, by inviting you out of the blue means she just wants to get something out of you. Like I Said, JMHO.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• you hung up on her way back when, she is trying to put it back together between you two,,,go,,,,my sis and I have had ups and downs too, my dad has passed, my mom is ill. Someday you will need her, let that someday be now.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure that I would but that is just me. The invitation probably didn't come from her but in fact the friend and she may not want you there. If there is a way to find out then do that before making your decision. As far as the children just trust that when they are older if not before they will contact each other and form a bond.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• What would you lose by going? You would just have to forfeit your anger- holding onto it doesn't give you anything positive anyway. Just try to think of it as a celebration of a new baby- that is always a reason to celebrate. it might not help things between you and your sister, but at least you'll know you tried.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I say go enjoy a moment of joy if you feel that she only wants a gift tell her that it on back order from her resgistery. LOL I think that people all change some for the good and some totally for the worst give it a try if only for the kids .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 1:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010