would anyone use daycare services from craigslist

im desperatly needing daycare for my two boys for about 2 1/2 hrs m-f, i have no luck w/my fam i can understand cuz i never wanted to watch anyones kids when i was a sahm, it may not seem like a lot but it is, most of the daycares in my area charge a aplication fee per child n they do the entire weeks cost, its just to much for me.My last resort was to look up craigslist but idk, what do u guys think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I used to have an ad on Craigslist and Im a good daycare provider :) I dont do it anymore but you never know what you are ganna get. Good Luck with your search. Oh and all of my clients were from craigslist!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I really dont know, but if you do ask for references.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I am a state licensed home provider with a quality rating from the state and I advertise all the time on craigslist.. and I get responses all the time from great families.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 1:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't personally. Ask neighbors, coworkers, friends of family members, etc for suggestions.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Alot of sahm use that because it is free. I am skeptical of that when it comes work at home jobs or things like that. I would just want to meet them first. Try to get to know them, maybe even your kids, before they start keeping them. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It just depends on the person and make sure u check there references and do a back ground check.
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 1:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• thanks guys references& back ground checks will be a must if i do consider it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't trust craigslist, so no I wouldn't.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sure! Everyone has to post SOMEWHERE right? Just meet people in a general area out in public and interview them there. I used to go to a park in the middle of town and didn't disclose my personal area until necessary. And still didn't give my address unless they were hired. :)
    You could also set up a free account on www.care.com. :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I think that word of mouth is the best thing - but always ALWAYS ALWAYS get references. With references, talk to actual past clients - not just friends or family that may have their own agenda. GL

P.s. What area are you in, there might be moms on here that might be able to help!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2010