Which do you prefer?

I've had both my children naturally in the hospitial (with epi). Everything was fine. I am terrified that the next time I will have a child, I might have to have a c-section. (just because baby's not turned or anything else that might happen.)

How was your c-section. What happened. What was the process..... anything will be helpful!

Thanks!!

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Onlu natural here but I gave you a bump!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I had to have a c-section when my son's heart stopped while I was pushing. I was terrified and sobbed through the whole procedure. Luckily, DS was fine, and my recovery was smooth. I was back to my walking routine after 2 weeks.
    I just attended my friend's birth, and she had a c-section after being stuck at 9cm for 4 hours. She'd had an epidural at 2cm, so when they upped it to do the surgery, they couldn't get her numb enough to do it. It took over an hour before they finally gave her a spinal and were able to do the surgery. For some reason, they discharged her even though she had a fever. Her incision opened up a few days later, and she had to go back every day to have her wound dressing changed and packed. It actually opened up again a couple of weeks later. Her baby is almost 6 weeks old, and her incision is almost closed.
    Everyone is different, and every birth experience is different. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• PS I'm REALLY hoping for a natural VBAC next time around.
    musicpisces

• I had an emergency c-section after 26 hours of labor without dilation. Did it suck? Yes, particularly for the first couple of days, especially in the morning, before I got moving. But after a week, it was only mildly uncomfortable once I got out of bed in the morning, and by two weeks, I wasn't even taking tylenol any more.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I forgot to answer the rest of your question. Since I had so many complications with the birth, I didn't have a choice, but I would rather have had a birth without all the complications and not had the c-section; it just wasn't AS bad as I thought it would be.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Since most of us are able to avoid a cesarean and they are more risky than the natural birth, I would go for the safer route.

I have had waterbirths, I wouldn't trade ecstatic, amazing, drug-free for unnecessary risks.

With education and support you can learn how to avoid adding unnecessary risks to your pregnancy-labor. It is worth it!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2010