Cant get them to heel.

Ive been breastfeeding for all most two months and ive had raw nipple s since the beggining. I cant get them to heel. Ive tried the lanolin cream and the nuk cream any-other tips.

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 1:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Health

• I opened this thinking it was a problem with your dogs not willing to heel while walking, heh. Sorry. Heal, you meant heal. But yes, I'd check with a doctor or lactation consultant. Another think you might want to try are nipple shields. They're little flexible plastic nipple shaped shields you put over your nipples. I used them, and my son could still drink just fine, but it was a lot easier on my nipples...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• See your doctor to make sure it isn't something more serious.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You need to have a lactation consultant check your latch. That's not normal, and is most likely due to a poor latch. Make an appointment with one ASAP, or get to a La Leche League meeting!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would call your doc or a lactation consultant. Its possible you have an infection that is not allowing them to heal. Or the latch could be off and the consultant could help. Good luck!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would have them checked out at the doctor. You could try a nipple cover. It is a silicone cover that allows the baby to latch on and nurse with less pain for you.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 1:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010