When can I start taking my birth control (mini pill)?

I just picked up my prescription and i'm going to start taking micronor (sp?) for the first time, but the pharmacist told me to take it on the first day of my period or the first sunday after. Problem is I haven't had my period in about 6 months since I had my son because I'm breastfeeding & I'm not really expecting it anytime soon. He didn't have an answer for my problem, so I'm hoping someone here can help. Is it safe to start taking anytime?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Health

• Call your doctor.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Just start taking it. The reason why they want you to wait for a period is so that the chances of break thru spotting are less.

However, if you aren't having a period to begin with, the hormones will jump start your system. I would start on Sunday so that when your periods do come, it won't be on the weekends.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Im not sure about that type, but when I took the mini pill I could start it any time. I would call your doc and talk to the nurse.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Talk to your doctor or the pharmacist to get an accurate answer there. Don't just start taking them!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would talk to your dr.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010