AM I HORRIBLE

My son hurt himself, for the first time ever I got to make it better (besides kisses) I cleaned it, put neosporin on it, and covered it with a bandaid. He was screaming and kicking and in pain, BUT I HAD A SMILE ONE MY FACE. Who does that. LOL Im horrible, it just made me feel good I got to really help this time. He usually hurts himself REALLY good where we are always in the ER. Never something I get to fix. I guess I was just proud to be a mommy.

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope, you're not horrible, just enjoying the experiences of motherhood. Imagine how much worse it would have been for him if you had been upset too!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with positive reinforcement. If you would have lost it, his 'fit' would have been worse since he would be feeding off of your emotions and not just his own.

Don't feel bad for that momma!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Nah, not horrible. You got to be a mommy and take care of him, and mommy kept her coo, because she knew that she could make it better. That's a good thing.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Nope, not horrible! You're doing great. I probably would have done a scrapbook page on the whole thing.... As long as he sees you smiling, he knows its all going to be okay.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• That is horrible! In that sweet mommy kind of way... :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No, you are a great mommy!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I am not sure I would have been smiling, but you are not horrible. You are a good mom for taking care of your baby.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 1:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I got a smile on my face because I do the same thing. I LOVE taking care of my baby and being the Mommy..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You want your child to see you calm and collected during a boo-boo situation, not freaking out. I think you did great!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No I don't think you are horrible. I secretly love it when my son cries and I pick him up and hold him and he stops. I don't like it that he was crying obviously but I love it that I get to be the one to comfort him.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010