For those that have experienced long early labor or prodromal labor

Hey ladies, thanks for taking the time to read this. My question is for those of you that have had a VERY long early labor or prodromal labor. How long did it take you to finally go into active labor? Did you have to have medical intervention?
My situation is that I contract 2 minutes apart for 5 hours then my labor stops (I'm 36 weeks & 5 days) and I can't have medical intervention right now b/c its still too early. I'm dilated to 5 but I'm scared real labor will start and I will go quickly to a 10 lol. Just want to get some info from those that have experienced somthing similar so that I will know when its time lol.

MommieIsSexay

Asked by MommieIsSexay at 1:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• with my last son, which was my 3rd, it was rough I was in labor for almost 2 weeks like that, when the Dr finaly decided to induce, and then I was still in labor from beginning of being induced at 9;30 am my Son was born at 6;10pm, and I was a 6-7 when they induced me! Good Luck thou
    petfamplus3

Answer by petfamplus3 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i had to be induced for medical reasons. I checked in at 1cm and was given meds in my IV. it took 10 hrs for me to reach 4cm but at 4cm they broke my water. Then labor really started. But it was still many hrs before I had him. I was there 22 hrs before delivery.
    LovesHerKiddos

Answer by LovesHerKiddos at 2:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I went two weeks with prodromal labor, dilated to three cm, then I hit 38 weeks and was induced because my fluids were staying pretty low. My ob had initially told me that if I went into labor and began dilating anytime after 35 weeks they would let it go on, but they didn't want to induce unless fluids got too low (under five percent, they stayed just above) before 38 weeks or I could make it to 38 weeks, obviously the latter occurred. Once pitocin was started things went pretty fast. I got pitocin, started active labor (finally), water was broken three hours later, then by five and a half hours after pitocin was started I was pushing, DD was born about thirty minutes after that- six hours total. Each labor is different, though- you could go fast or you could go slow, you really can't know until you're in labor. GL!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2010