Are moving cramps normal?

Last night when i moved to get up i had a sudden pulling cramp like pain on my front pelvis on both sides,and on the hight of my navel on both sides, that put me back on the bed again and sit down. And later at night when i sleept on my left side ( because i read in my pregnancy books that this side is prefered, because of the oxygen supply or something like it.), i felt that pulling cramp in my left side again, and i was in pretty good discomfort and pain , trying to turn to my back and other side. The back position didn't work, but once i made it on my other side (right side), the cramp subsided after a while. and until now it hasn't returned. but i am concerned, what it was and that i should go to my doctor soon.(Sooner than in two weeks, when my scheduled apointment is.)
Thanks for reading
Miriam

MiriamKemuri

Asked by MiriamKemuri at 1:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Health

• could be pulled muscle. I think it's called the psoas muscle. I pulled mine when I was around 24 wks or so, to the point I couldn't hardly walk. It helps to stretch it. Stand sideways with your rt hand on a counter, put your rt leg forward and slightly lean back, turn around and repeat on your left side. Try to do this as often as possible. My hubby is a chiro and this is what he suggests
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 1:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• thank you for the tip! hug
    MiriamKemuri

Comment by MiriamKemuri (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2010