how would you react if this happened to you?

the day after my son's 1st birthday, i was picking up a few things at the store. in the cashout line with my son in his stroller this older lady (im guessing in her 40's,you know the ones who had kids and get plastic surgery to look good) with a toddler on her hip and a teen at her side. anyways, this older lady says to me "oh you're expecting another one? how far along are you?" i am btw not pregnant, i just have some extra left over. i just smiled and turned around.

should i have handled this situation differently?
and what should i do if it happens again?

DroppedWaffle

Asked by DroppedWaffle at 7:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• lol tell her im not preg but who gave you that bad face lift I hope you didnt pay to much for that
    Anonymous

• You could have said... "Wow, I hope that you teach your children more tact than your mother taught you!"

*lol* Actually, I probably would have turned bright red and not said anything! I was asked by a friend of mine when I was due again at a time during which I wasn't pregnant... and I felt like crap! :-)
    sarah_smile

Answer by sarah_smile at 8:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• gee anon 9:06 trust me only god is perfict I bet you have a flaw how rude
    Anonymous

• Just let it go. If you feel badly enough about yourself that it bothers you, then do something about it. If not, be the better person and let it go; don't put down someone else becuase they made a mistake. Even if she was just being rude; just laugh and walk away.
    Anonymous

• Tell her you aren't expecting but you're trying every night!!!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Actually, can you imagine how embarrassed she was? I'm one of those older 40's ladies (without a face lift) lol I would turn inside out if I said that to someone. If I'm in doubt, I don't say ANYTHING. Someone would have to be about 8 months pregnant before I would open my mouth.
    traveling2

Answer by traveling2 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I would have been angry, in fact that has happened to me.. that was the reason I started losing weight using a pill that makes you feel full..that way you don't eat as much. KWIM? If you want more info let me know.

I am really sorry that happened to you, I would have said something very RUDE back to her. I think you handled yourself like a lady. :)
    marriedw6kids

Answer by marriedw6kids at 3:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Some guy asked me that once, I said "I'm not thanks" but 3 days later I took a pregnacy test and I was, maybe he just knew somehow because I know damn well I didn't show.
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 4:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• With all your judgments about her, you did the same thing. You both need an attitude adjustment and some manners.

Anonymous

• I had an older man comment on how cute my son was and then touch my stomach and say " and it looks like you're going to have a little brother or sister soon too!" Honestly, I had to do everything not to laugh! I just said yep! When he asked when I was due, I just said May, which was far enough but not soon enough away to make sense! Make sense?? LOL! People make mistakes...just laugh it off.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 1, 2008