SAHM's

How many of you wish you had a p/t job also?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have thought about it tons of times. I just don't know that it is worth it. I don't know that the money would be enough for me to leave the kids with a sitter.
    Jenandrylee

Answer by Jenandrylee at 1:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I was recently laid off from my part time job. I would like to work while the kids are in school. I was a SAHM for 6 years.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 1:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• eh..i've only been a sahm since june..so i'm probably not qualified to answer. i miss not having my own money, meaning..he 'gives' me cash out of his paycheck every 2wks..kinda makes me feel like a child who's been paid for doing her chores.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I def do and if my youngest wasn't still nursing I probably would but I also have no one to watch the kids and hubby has a rotatting schedule so maybe when they start school
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 1:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Not I.

I worked in my career field for nearly 20 years.. I have no need or desire to go back to work at this point and time in my life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I don't need a p/t job....I already have a full time one at home....lol!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 2:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Not me. I have a ton of places to go and things to do. I don't have time to work.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I might consider getting a part time job when my son is in school, but for now I just want to be home with him. Joining a local moms' group is helping some, because I probably don't care about working so much as having some more adult interaction during the weekdays. I lost my job due to a merger right before I got pregnant and just did temp work while I was pregnant, so it was really easy to just say I wasn't available to work instead of having to take a leave. If I still had the previous job, I might have gone back out of a feeling of obligation, but I'm not sure. I like being able to be here for him and seeing all his new accomplishments each day, so I think I'm fine being a SAHM for now.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I would love one if it could fit in with school also for the holiday break!!!
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i've been keeping my eyes peeled for a nighttime position but nothing is available. We could really use the money and I refuse to work a daytime shift because I dont want my son in daycare
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2010