Do you lose alot of hair?

I forget the average strands of hair a person loses each day, I've heard before, & I know it's alot. I have longer hair & it seems like I shouldn't have any hair left!-but glad I do! I usually use a pin brush, with the little ball type things on the pins. It seems every week when I take the hair out of the brush, it's a big glob! I'm starting to wonder if this is normal for longer hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I have really thick hair, and Iose A LOT!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I started losing huge amounts of hair about 6 months ago. I went to the doctor who said that it was most likely a chemical imbalance. BS. I did some research on my own. I saw that a B12 deficiency causes hair loss...and with a lot of the other physical things going on with me, it seemed to be a perfect diagnosis. I got B12 at the grocery store. Within 2 weeks I noticed a significant change in the amount of hair loss. I also started taking Biotin for skin and nails. If you take too much B12, your body just secretes it like it does with too much Vit C. There's no harm in trying it.

Anonymous

• Thank you for asking this question. I swear ever since we moved I have been losing tons of hair. I am surprised I have any left too! But, I do notice that my hair is breaking a lot easier and someone told me it was because the water here is really bad and polluted. Thanks Anon 12:41 for the suggestion of B12 and Biotin...I am going to try to be more consistent with my vitamins.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• yep. my hair used to be super long (growing it back out0 you shed more hair when its longer. it helps to use wide tooth combs and not brushes all the time. i would use a brush in the morning and night but big fat combs during the day
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• The average human loses over a hundred hairs per day. Long hair is just more noticeable. My husband can't go anywhere without a part of me with him (my hairs). They get everywhere, LOL you are not alone.
    YungMum_STL

Answer by YungMum_STL at 2:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2008