If someone asks your opinion and you know that telling them would hurt their feelings...Would you still do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I would try to be as gentle as possible but you have to be honest with people, it's never good to lie.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Yes, I feel you respect someone more by telling them the truth rather than lying, but with politeness. And I would hope for that in return, I would feel more respected and respect that persons opion very much or I probably would'nt ask. Have a good day
    SavannahMoMHC2

Answer by SavannahMoMHC2 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I just plainly tell them this: "If you really want the truth, I'll tell you, but if you can't handle ANY truth, good or bad, I prefer not to answer!"
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 12:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Depends on who it is and what the question is.
    julianjordan

Answer by julianjordan at 1:23 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Yes. I think that we as a people have become too P.C. Nobody wants to hurt anyone else's feelings. That is a great theory, but we need to hear the truth so we may become a better person, dresser, eater, parent etc....
    Mrs.Chase

Answer by Mrs.Chase at 1:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• YES, IF THEY WERE SOMEONE WHOM I HELD VALUABLE IN MY HANDS... HONEST PEOPLE WILL ATTRACT HONEST PEOPLE VS/VS..IF YOU CARE TELL THE TRUTH.L.
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• maybe..depends on their mood..i just say let me think on that okay? it really works
    unhappymomma

Answer by unhappymomma at 7:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Ask them if they really want your honest opinion because if they don't then I wouldn't answer them.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:19 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Yes. They asked you what you thought. My friends know I won't beat around the bush. They don't ask me if they want it sugar coated.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Usually first I verify that they really want the honest truth. For instance I may say, "Are you sure you want my honest opinion on this, because you may not agree with it." If they insist that they want to know, then I am open with them. I would never lie to them, but I would just not give them my opinion at all if I didn't think they could handle the honest truth.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2008