How do moms who feel guilty deal with those feelings?

Guilt affects all aspects of your life! What do you do about it?

theguiltymom

Asked by theguiltymom at 1:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Health

• I think it depends on what you feel guilty about. I'm guessing by your moniker that you have some guilt issues?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I guess it depends on what you are feeling guilty about.

Guilt isn't something I am big on. I decided years ago, that guilt is pointless in most cases, so I don't feel guilty about most things.. lol

Guilt only affects all aspects of your life, if you choose for it to. One only feels guilty if they choose to and decide to make themselves feel guilty. Don't want guilt in all aspects of you rlife, don't choose to feel guilty about things.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Depends on what I am feeling guilty about. If it something I did or said to my kids, I apologize and tell them how much I love them. I talk to my best friend a lot about what was bothering me.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 2:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I really try to avoid doing things that are going to make me feel guilty and if I don't then I have to confront it and fix it because like you said it affects everything!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 2:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Not sure what you feel guilty about, so I have to be general in my response. Some guilt is natural, but don't overdo it. We are human and cannot do all things, nor can we be perfect. It is just how we are made. If you have overwhelming feelings of guilt, you really should see a therapist.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 2:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I guess you just get used to it because there's always something to feel guilty about, lol. I felt guilty about not breastfeeding my first son, though i tried really hard, now i feel guilty about not cloth diapering him, after cding my others. When i was cleaning house i felt guilty about not playing with them, when i was playing with them i felt guilty about not cleaning house. It's always something, and sometimes you can't do anything about it. I guess it's important to focus on the things you can do about it, if there's nothing you can do, just do your best anyway. Maybe watch some Jerry Springer or read the book "A Child Called It". You can't be that bad of a parent, and you'll feel better about yourself in comparison. They can also be kinda inspiring...as in how not to be a bad parent.
    houghmom

Answer by houghmom at 2:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Guilt about which part ?? I feel guilty all the time I could help you if you tell me how you are feeling guilty and why..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• it's really hard when i felt that way..i just let the time pass and have a lot of fun...and also pray...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I loathe feeling guilty so I avoid putting myself in a situation where I will feel guilt. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have felt guilty going to work-when the kids are crying for me..they're older now, so not so much that anymore. Now it's more teenager issues, and wondering if I'm being too hard on her.
    theguiltymom

Comment by theguiltymom (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010