How many weeks before your due date do most doctors set a date for a repeat c-section?

Mommy2Joye

Asked by Mommy2Joye at 2:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told they plan it for 1 week before your due date...that's what they are doing with mine!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 2:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• 39 weeks is the earliest they will go.
    maureen5482

Answer by maureen5482 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure since I'm on ly 10 weeks along now but they better not wanna do it too early because every week counts. I do understand that they want to do the c-section before labor happens so we'll see.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• ive never had a c section but women i know have... one friend, who had her baby this month was having a repeat for 39 weeks. I believe most doctors wont do anything before 38 to 39 weeks.
    LovesHerKiddos

Answer by LovesHerKiddos at 2:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My last repeat was set at my 39 week mark. This 3rd repeat will also be done at 39 weeks.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Mine was based on another ultrasound in the eigth month.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My doctor said we will decided the date next month (I am due in February). He said we are going to try for 39 weeks, but it might be earlier.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I have a friend who had her 3rd c-section a few months ago, her doc actually scheduled her for AFTER her due date - which I thought was weird but she was fine with it - and she made it til the scheduled date. Everyone else I know that has had a repeat has been scheduled for 39 weeks on the nose, according to the lmp.
    Anonymous

• Went to the doctor last week and she said that she will do the c-section at 39 wks but that is on a sunday and she is so busy i dont have time to ask too many questions so does anyone know how she would do that the friday before or the monday after?
    Mommy2Joye

Comment by Mommy2Joye (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2010