Pell grant

I have enrolled for my AA. I filled out the Fafsa today. I am confused over how to get the Pell Grant. The website make sit sound like I just submit the FAFSA and wait to hear about the Pell. Am I missing something? It immediately said I qualified for a certain amount when I submitted FAFSA. Thank you

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 2:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• The FAFSA is used to figure out how much aid you qualify for. The school you applied to will be notified of your submission, so they will have a record of it, also (for tuition and the like), and you will get a letter at some point notifying you of the amount you received. There's nothing else you have to fill out, as far as I know (I never did). You might have to fill out a form dealing with financial aid from your school, once they receive your FAFSA and application, but they'll let you know if you need to (or you can call and ask them about it).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• FAFSA and Pell are the same thing. You will get something in the mail or your school will get notification that you have the grant. Call the Admin office at the school you will be going to.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You should give it 7-10 business days and contact the schools you put on the FAFSA. You may need to bring in verificaiton documents like taxes or a verification form. Make sure you don't wait too long because it usually takes them 4 weeks to review your information and get you awarded. Best of luck with your education.
    maureen5482

Answer by maureen5482 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I was awarded the Pell Grant when I went to college. However, that was before you could do any of that online. I pretty sure my parents and I found out about the grant and how it worked through the college's financial aid office. Yours might be able to help you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010