How do you deal with a nosy meddling mother-in-law?

I am married to the baby in the family, I also have three step children and two of them live in my house full time an mother in law lives 1 mile away and is so bossy and nosy and tries to take control when my husband is at work. Please help!

littleone6

Asked by littleone6 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell her to mind her own peas and cues. S
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Have you ever tried talking to her? Or have your husband talking to her? I know what you mean and most of the time if you say something they get mad, than theres a whole other issue. But if you maybe try to explain to her politely what on you mind. Hope it works out.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Oh god. U have no idea. My MiL is a total PIA and nothing and I mean nothing does anything to stop her. I don't have any advice but her to chat.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Well, how do I deal with it? I told mine off, told her she needed to STFU, keep her nose out of everyone else's business and get a f**king life. but that's just me. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Lmao memigen!! God u have no idea how bad I want to do just that. I just worry for my hubby. So at this point we stay away from her.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I'm glad i'm not the only one with a PIA MIL
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Does she come over uninvited when he's at work? That's not acceptable.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• i would just tell her how you feel & that you dont like it when she is in your business & that you dont like it when she comes uninvited that she has to respect your house & if she wants to come over to call before she comes but i hope it works out for you good luck
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2010