are our kids going to be allowed to have a real childhood ne more???

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/29/nyregion/29young.html?no_interstitial

judge rules that 4 yr old can be sued for neglagence.

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 2:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• So, they are labeling the 4 yo negligent for riding her bike into her, but wasn't the ADULT 87 yo woman equally negligent for walking in front of a child on a bike?
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I just saw that and was floored. Most of the time I hear that kids are growing up too fast and then I turn around and 4 year old's are being sued and kids over 12 aren't allowed to trick or treat... Ugh.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 2:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• That is a bit ridiculous... Yes, that is horrible that the elderly lady got hurt and had surgery but really did a 4 yr old mean to do that? I doubt that she got on her bike with those training wheels that day on a mission to hurt an old lady. Omg so stupid.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• So what are they going to do smash her piggy bank? I didn't read the whole thing.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• WHAT? She is FOUR of course she was negligent. It comes with the territory. What a joke. Even sueing the parents is a litle silly. I mean what were they supposed to do exactly?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• wow that is messed up..

she's 4 for gosh sakes!! It's not like she was 18 and driving down the sidewalk with a joint hanging out her mouth on a motor cycle!!

Seriously!.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• why can't some people just remember that ACCIDENTS happen!!! Why is there always someone to blame in situations like this? How do we know the 87 year old wasn't suicidal and leaped in front of the girl?? (sorry friend of mine was hit by a car in a cross walk with the cross walk sign on, and the driver was speeding, yet she got cited and the driver got away with no tickets, even though an off duty police officer provided a witness testimony to it being the drivers fault).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• OMG!! You have got to be kidding me!! Is just like my ex boss her 9 year old rides his bike home from school. Well he was on the sideway and was going threw the mud puddles and they took his BIKE AWAY!! Thats riht the school took it away and he had to WALK HOME!!!!!!!!! Im going to have a lot of problems when my kids are in school.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• And just when you think it can't get any worse, you read something like this.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• oh, go read some of the comments lawyers made. ugh, they make me sick
    Phippsandrea

Comment by Phippsandrea (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010