Babysitting? I'm wondering what I should pay?

My son is almost three and I am looking for someone to babysit thurs. 2-5, fri. 4-10, sat. 2-10, and sun, 2-5. In their home preferably another mother that stays at home and is looking for a little cash. I live in an area where people don't have much money and I want to be air but not overpay. What do you think I should pay them?

Gahoona

Asked by Gahoona at 2:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would ask her what she charges and if its fair go with it. If not I'm sure she will negotiate.
    goldengrl65

Answer by goldengrl65 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• It depends on where you live, around here it would be about 150 a week.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I pay 20 a day for 5.5 hours providing my child with a packed lunch and breakfast and a 1/2 gallon of milk a month. She provides her snacks. I provide all of my childs diapers, wipes and ointments for the day.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• average around her for a licensed home is 140-170. I am paying a mom under the table to help us both out. WE call it a tip for a favor and not payment. ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• www.care.com is a website where you can put in what your schedule is, how much experience the babysitter has...stuff like that and it will give you a rate..I did it and it was pretty accurate. I searched a new to babysitting person, then just for the heck of it, I put in my skills, experience..and it gave me an idea of what to tell the next mom that asks me.
    snwhite25

Answer by snwhite25 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I got my two child care jobs at www.care.com and www.sittercity.com. You can search what people charge, or are willing to pay, by using your zipcode and the pulldowns on the sites. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I use to babysit for a friend last year her daughter at the time was a year old. I watched her Tues/Thursday's from 7:30am to 6pm and I was paid $150 a week. She also provided me food for her to eat breakfast , snack and lunch.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• maybe $4 or $5 an hour
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010