Top 10 most offensive political gaffes this year

And 9 out of the 10 are by the GOP/Tea Party... The 10th is Biden, and I'm not excusing it, but it wasn't even this year.

THIS is why I could never support either the GOP, or the Tea Party...

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 2:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• well considering msnbc is a liberal network and therefore biased, I don't put much stock into it. I'm not saying th GOP hasn't said or done anything wrong, but for 9 out of 10 to be GOP seems a bit biased to me.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• True, kitty. Like MSNBC would ever DARE utter ONE peep against all those "good, decent, can do no wrong" Dems.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 3:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I could seriously go on Fox, or any other Conservative site, and find the entire list populated by liberals and dems. I won't,cause I won't stoop to that level, but just cause you posted from a liberal site doesn't make it true,or accurate.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 3:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• What was it that Biden said the Indian people working at 7/11?? Oh THATS right

"You CANNOT go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent .

Out of context TOO I suppose...or slip of the tongue. I am SO glad you took the time to make an entire post PROVING the lefty hypocrisy. :) If the LIB does it it's a "slip of the tongue" or "taken out of context" if a conservative does.....its racist. 

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• And, of course, your source wasn't INCREDIBLY left-wing nut leaning? Give me just a small break. You asked for lists showing the idiocy of the liberals, we did that, and you don't want to see it. Too bad you can't see the forest for the trees.;
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 4:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• No, I'm just saying that pigeonholing an entire party or group of people for the comments of a few is wrong. I've been to tea party rallies. There's a big movement in the tri-valley area, and there are some really, really awesome, super intelligent people. There are some nutjobs, granted... but there are also some really awesome liberals that I know, as well as some total nutjobs. Judging a group for the gaffes of a few is close-minded at best. I try to judge people individually, and I would hope that everyone else, on either side, would do the same.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• "You f*cking Jew b@stard." -- Hillary Clinton to political operative Paul Fray. This was revealed in "State of a Union: Inside the Complex Marriage of Bill and Hillary Clinton" and has been verified by Paul Fray and three witnesses.

"The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man. He rose Germany up from the ashes." -- Louis Farrakhan (1984) who campaigned for congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002

"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health."

-- Charles Barron, a New York city councilman at a reparations rally, 2002

How many more do you want? I think I can do this all day.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• 1) Fritz Hollings - Aside from this being what... almost 10 years ago, it he was known for his sharp tongue and his caustic remarks, both to fellow democrats and republicans. What he said was a joke. A BAD joke, and he should (and did) apologize, but a joke nevertheless. Not one of the people on my list was joking.

***

OOOOOH!!! So when one is caught making a racist or derogatory remark, it's a JOKE?! Please! The only thing that is a JOKE around here is YOU!!

And secondly, there is no "statute of limitations" on racist/derogatory remarks...especially with the INTERNET around! These are PROFESSIONAL politicians we're talking about--not some drunken college kid speaking out of turn--they SPEAK for a living!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• If I wanted to leave, I would. Maybe some day I will. But not because somebody else is telling me so, I can assure you of THAT fact, SWEETY.

***
    Doubtful. You just said you came here "kicking and screaming," so obviously you're not exactly in control of doing what you want to do, now are ya?!

Oh, yeah, and I did live in Australia for a year right after college, and spent a month there on my honeymoon, I would LOVE to move there PERMANENTLY some day!!! I would never even consider any of the European countries.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Like I said, feel free to post a link to a list of Democrats making the same type of offensive (as in homophobic or racist) statements...

Amuck, I do believe this says DEMOCRATS. I did not see where you stated they had to be running for office or whatever your method of deflection was. And you considering me stupid, is no big deal to me since you have proven yourself to be one IQ point above Kerpiegertilu. And that is not saying much.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2010